The Official Le Strat Weblog

A daily journal of the Le Strat production. Le Strat is a rock musical about a man who learns the true meaning of rock and roll. It was filmed this summer in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

7.20.2004

"Hey, want to get your blood sucked by a vampire, and get blood all over your clothes, right now?"

Wow! On Monday night, I rushed home from work and Le Strat and I began a recording session for "Ich mag Blut saugen," one of the songs from the music-off. It went well. It'll be a good song... I just hope it won't eclipse the other songs!

We then mounted up and headed for downtown Ann Arbor. We met with other cast members and proceeded to film the first feeding sequence of the movie, wherein Le Strat picks up a random chick, feeds on her, and then totally wails on guitar. We shot it on the steps of Hill Auditorium, after agonizing for several minutes over whether we should go through with it, and watching out for Ann Arbor's Finest Fascists. We couldn't get started, though, until I secured pizza for the director. It turns out that the party store next to Ashley's has very cheap pizza.

We spent a long time getting to that stage, and by then it was already past eleven. Our extras had abandoned us because they were lame, there was no place to get cleaned up, and we were despairing. So, we went up to Catherine Street to get cleaned up and visit with other cast and crew members. We then went out to round up extras, in order to ask them to join Le Strat's band. That took about an hour, and we finally finished up around 1am.

I sat out of tonight's filming, so hopefully we will hear news from one of the others. And I'll find my camera some time.

4 Comments:

Blogger srah said...

*wants to listen*

10:40 AM  
Blogger srah said...

*wants pizza*

10:41 AM  
Blogger srah said...

Hey, I have pretty flowers next to my name!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

AS ALWAYS!

Anyway, you deserve them, since you've posted more comments than every other person combined!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home